Friday, September 11, 2009

PEACE!

God is so awesome. I love how he speaks to me..especially in more than one place and in more than one way. Today in my daily devotional I get in my email and a daily bible verse I get in email, BOTH had the SAME bible verse!!!

"Jesus Christ said;Peace I leave with you; my peaceI give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let yourhearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ( John 14:27 *NIV )

I needed that. I have been stressed out because of all the stuff/errands I have had to deal with...insurance stuff and various things....plus teaching so especially today, I needed that word from God. I thank him for his peace!

The one little devotion said this after the verse:
"My peace. The word My is emphatic. This is no conventional wish; this is Jesus' personal, special grant of peace. The peace that Christ gives banishes fear and dread from the heart, for Jesus is in control of all circumstances."

Yay, God is in control! He will work everything out. I am standing on that promise today!

1 comment:

  1. I need Peace - this week is going to suck for me! Peace is a good thing to have an abundance of!

    ReplyDelete