Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FIRST day of preschool

Today was the first day of preschool. I didnt really have a ton of energy thinking about school starting before today..BUT this morning as I was in my classroom getting ready, I was excited! It is amazing how ready you are when you get there and excited to see the kids :)

There were a few tears ... It was sad... but after a little bit, the kids that were hesitant and didnt want mom to go, had a lot of fun. The first few days are always the hardest. However, last year none of the kids cried. They were all like "see ya mom!"

I forgot how young they are in the beginning of the year...this class..not only are they young, they are a young class of 3 year olds...most of them JUST turned 3 this summer! They are all very adorable as always :) It will be a fun year. Its just funny how you go from the Spring, where they were at to the Fall, with new young 3 year olds. And let me tell you..they grow up A LOT during the school year!

It was fun to see my kids from last year in the hall going to the 4 year old preschool class. I am glad they are still by me...I just love when they shout out "HI MRS BARNEY!" and today when we were lining up to go home, a couple of the kids I had said to the others "MRS BARNEY WAS MY TEACHER LAST YEAR :) :) Oh I love it.

I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day.,,or rather half day. My body has to work up the endurance and I am probably more tired because I am pregnant... I am thinking, its just the beginning, what is it going to be like when I am 8 months!? lol it will be fine...

Well there are my jumbled thoughts from today! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ang! I just love this post! It has to be a wonderful feeling to have a job you love, to see the kids grow and change, to have kids remembering you and calling out your name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is...i try and remember that when I am worn out!

    ReplyDelete